Friends Central School
The School, formed by the Joint Committee on Education of the Cherry Street, Green Street, and Spruce Street Meetings, opened its doors in 1845 with an enrollment of approximately 200 students. Affiliated with the School were three elementary Friends Schools. After completing 6th grade, the students came to the "Central" school for their secondary education; hence, the name "Friends' Central." In 1925, recognizing the benefits of a larger, greener campus, the School moved from Center City to the 23-acre Wister-Morris estate on City Avenue. Once again, in 1988, the Board of Trustees recognized the need for growth and expansion and purchased the former Montgomery School property in Wynnewood. The Lower School moved to its own spacious 18-acre campus in 1990.
Friends' Central School, a coeducational, college preparatory day school for pre-kindergarten through 12th grades, has been guided by Quaker testimonies of simplicity, peace, integrity, community, and equality.
Friends' Central offers rigorous and varied educational experiences in academics, the arts, and athletics, helping their students realize their potentials and achieve on the highest levels possible. They encourage trial and error, critical thinking and questioning, and intellectual courage in all areas of their curriculum.
Friends Central School
City Avenue Campus
1101 City Avenue
Wynnewood, PA 19096
610-649-7440
Lower School Campus
228 Old Gulph Road
Wynnewood, PA 19096
610-642-7575

Ask A Nerd | Homework Help