Schwenksville is a borough founded in in 1684, when the Lenni-Lenape Indians ceded to William Penn the land along the Perkiomen Creek; it was incorporated in 1903. The borough was named for George Schwenk, whose son, Jacob Schwenk, served in George Washington's army.
The population was 1,385 at the 2010 census.94.9% White, 2.5% Black or African American, 0.1% Native American, 0.7% Asian, 0.1% Native Hawaiian, and 1.4% were two or more races. 2.7% of the population were of Hispanic or Latino ancestry
The Borough was originally part of Perkiomen Township and home to the first copper mine in Pennsylvania. Ice harvesting was a major industry in the area.
It was home to the Schwenksville School District until amalgamation with the Collegeville-Trappe School District to form Perkiomen Valley School District in 1969.