North Wales is a borough, it is one of the three historic population centers that make up the North Penn Valley. As its name suggests, North Wales was settled by Welsh immigrants who named it after North Wales in Wales.
The population was 3,229 at the 2010 census,87.7% White, 5.1% Black or African American, 0.1% Native American, 2.5% Asian, and 3.5% were two or more races. 3.8% of the population were of Hispanic or Latino ancestry
Weingartner Park is located at Second and Summit Streets with a large variety of trees. There are many pathways and benches to enjoy and the park is particularly shady and breezy during the spring and summer months.
North Penn School District
Before 1850, a number of farms, plus a 1776 church, shared by the Lutheran and Reformed congregations, dotted the present borough's landscape. What is now Main Street was originally an old Indian trail, and was laid out as the Great Road in 1728. By 1828, it had become today's Sumneytown Pike, and was a toll road until 1914. It had always been an important route to Philadelphia, and continues to serve as a connection to Routes 202 and 309 to the east and the Northeastern Extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike to the west.
North Wales Website