Narberth is a borough located on a parcel of land originally deeded to Edward Rees (which later became “Prees” and eventually “Price”), who arrived from Wales in 1682. A portion of this original tract became the 100-acre farm of Edward R. Price, who founded Elm as a “Quaker-friendly” town in 1881. The town named changed to Narberth in 1893, and Narberth was incorporated in 1895.In 1995, the borough celebrated its 100th birthday with a year-long celebration.
The population was 4,282 at the 2010 census, .90.4% White, 1.9% Black or African American, 4.4% Asian, 0.1% Native Hawaiian, and 2.7% were two or more races. 2.4% of the population were of Hispanic or Latino ancestry
Because of its small size, Narberth is a walking town, with virtually all of its shopping and recreational facilities within walking distance of residents' houses. SEPTA's "Main Line" railroad tracks separate North Side from South Side. Narberth is mostly a residential community, with a central business district
Residents of Narberth are served by the Lower Merion School District.