Lower Gwynedd Township is a township in Montgomery County. Gwynedd was founded in 1698 by Quakers. The township was then split into Lower Gwynedd and Upper Gwynedd with the help of William Penn in 1891.
The population was 11,405 at the 2010 census. 84.0 White, 6.9% Black or African American, 0.1% Native American, 7.1% Asian, and 1.5% were two or more races. 1.9% of the population were of Hispanic or Latino ancestry
The name Gwynedd came from the Welsh meaning White Fields. When the 66 settlers from Wales came the land was covered in a blanket of snow hence Gwynedd.
Lower Gwynedd Township Parks
Lower Gwynedd Township is serviced by the Wissahicken School District
Lower Gwynedd Township Communities
Lower Gwynedd Website