Franconia Township is a township in Montgomery County In the late 1720s, Franconia Township encompassed parts of what are now Souderton and Telford. Together the three municipalities fell under the jurisdiction of Salford Township. In 1731, Franconia split from its neighboring communities to form its own municipality.
The population was 13,064 at the 2010 census.93.2% White, 1.6% Black or African American, 0.2% Native American, 3.3% Asian, and 1.2% were two or more races. 1.8% of the population were of Hispanic or Latino ancestry
Much of Franconia’s population was Mennonite, and they built meeting places and churches for worship throughout the township, including Franconia Mennonite Meeting Meetinghouse established between 1730 and 1750, Indian Creek Reformed Church (Christ Church) established in the 1750's, Leidy’s Church established in 1858
Franconia Township residents enjoy more than 100 acres of Parks and dedicated open space,
Franconia Township is serviced by Souderton Area School District
Franconia Township Communities
Franconia Township Website