PersonalizationMall.com
East Norriton Township
East Norriton Township is a census-designated place and township. A former farming community 8 miles north of Philadelphia's city limits. It has a mix of stores, offices, industrial areas, single-family homes, and apartments
The population was 13,590 at the 2010 census, 82.0% White, 9.0% Black or African American, 0.1% Native American, 6.3% Asian, and 1.5% were two or more races. 3.2% of the population were of Hispanic or Latino ancestry

East Norriton Township was included in one of the early towns created by Penn called Williamstadt. The tract was intended as a gift to William Penn's son, but five days after receiving the land, William Penn, Jr. sold it to two Philadelphia merchants, Isaac Norris and William Trent for the sum of 850 pounds sterling. Eight years later, Norris purchased Trent's five  holdings and gained ownership of the entire tract.The Manor of Williamstadt remained intact until 1730 when, on petition of its residents, Norriton Township was created by the court of Quarter Sessions of Philadelphia County. The creation of the Borough of Norristown in 1812 and the subsequent addition of 1,500 acres to the Borough reduced the area of Norriton Township to about 5,500 acres. East Norriton Township's incorporation dates back to March 9, 1909 when it was separated through a court order from the larger "Norriton" Township

East Norriton Township owns and maintains nine parks


East Norriton Township is serviced by the
Norristown Area School District

East Norriton Township Website

(610) 275-2800

View Larger Map