Bryn Athyn is a home rule municipality,
. It was formerly a borough, and its official name remains "Borough of Bryn Athyn". The population was 1,351 at the 2000 census. It was formed for religious reasons from Moreland Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania
Moreland Township, is a defunct township that was located in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. It was founded in 1682 and named by William Penn after Nicholas More, a London physician. In 1916 Bryn Athyn, Pennsylvania, in the middle of the township, separated for religious reasons.on February 8, 1916.
As of the 2010 census, there were 1,375 individuals, 92.5% White, 2.7% Black or African American, 2.5% Asian, 0.1% Native Hawaiian, and 1.8% were two or more races. 1.2% of the population were of Hispanic or Latino ancestry
The borough has a total area of 1.9 square miles , none of which is covered with water.
Bryn Athyn, Pennsylvania, was founded as a religious community in the late 19th century by members of a Christian denomination known as the New Church. Just a mile from the Philadelphia border, this small borough is home to some of the area’s most remarkable architecture, buildings that reflect the religious faith and vision of the community’s earliest residents.
Bryn Athyn Historic District was designated as a National Historic Landmark on October 6, 2008.
Bryn Athyn Website
Borough Office Phone - 215 947 9889